dashboard and filters are shared with everyone, why a user still cannot see the dashboard content

jane chen October 17, 2016

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2016

When you say "cannot see the dashboard content", what are they missing?  The whole dashboard, some of the gadgets, or just some of the issues behind the gadgets?

jane chen October 17, 2016

Thanks for your answer, Nic!

the problem is that they cannot see the content in those gadgets, like it says "no matching issue found" or "no data available". they can see how many gadgets and gadgets name still.

can you help me know why and how to resolve? Thanks!

Like Marife Rosales likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2016

Yes, they don't have permission to see the issues the gadgets are reporting on.

Check the project permissions allow them "browse" and that the security schemes are either unused or allow them access.

jane chen October 18, 2016

thanks for the answer, I got it. smile

Lou Lowe October 15, 2020

Hello All ---- I have the same issue. However, my team has access to all the issues, the queries used to build the dashboard, and the dashboard itself. They can see the format of the dashboard (i.e., the header and name of the gadgets) but not the content --- listing iof the issues.

I am not a Jira guru but this does seem to be a permissions issue. However I have granted access everywhere I know...any guidance will be greatly appreciated

Suggest an answer