custom fields and sub fields

Susan Lewenz July 25, 2016

we want to create custom fields which names the client, for example, and a sub field(s).  So, for example, you first select "clientA" and then you see related ClientA subfields.

What we are trying to establish is a way to allow each client (set by a Custom Parent Field) to rank certain tickets and connect that ranking (i.e. sub custom field) to the client field. Is this possible? or is there a better way to achieve this?  thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2016

On your first paragraph, that's pretty much only done by a "cascading select" custom field.  If you want to do anything different (such as draw in customer information, or only show fields when certain selections are made, or have dependent fields), you'll need some code.  I'd have a look at the Behaviours functions in the Script Runner add-on before embarking on any coding though.

Ranking is a different concept though - I'm not sure how a ranking indicator would be connected to a client field - I don't understand the requirement there?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events