create issue via html link without needing to click create

Ray DR April 22, 2016

I am able to get an issue populated using the html link from:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/creating-issues-via-direct-html-links-159474.html

I still have to click the create button on the issue screen that is generated.

Is there a way to have it auto create without needing to click the create button? 

5 answers

3 votes
khalid alqahtani December 23, 2019

Hi

you must be remove !init from your URL to created directly.

for example:

<a href="https://jira.demo.com/secure/CreateIssueDetails.jspa?pid=14803&summary=Test">Test</a>
2 votes
Steve Behnke [DiscoverEquip.com]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2016

Can I ask how authentication is handled?

Sam Bartolome
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2021

Hi @Steve Behnke [D1  you can set reporter=currentuser and this will set the reporter to the user who clicks the link. Jira will autodetect the user if he/she is logged otherwise it will prompt for credentials

0 votes
Tim Perrault August 1, 2016

Stumbled on this question while looking for something else. You should be able to skip the create screen by changing the url just a little. 

Basically just remove the !init from the link. Below is the url that should help you in what you are looking for.

<base url>/CreateIssueDetails.jspa?pid=10001&issuetype=10100&summary=say+hello+world2&reporter=admin&description=testing

0 votes
Ray DR April 23, 2016

Here is a sample of what gets me to the create screen:
 <base url>/CreateIssueDetails!init.jspa?pid=10001&issuetype=10100&summary=say+hello+world2&reporter=admin&description=testing

There should be an html code I can add to the end that will submit the form no? I have tried stringing together "Alt+s" codes and "Carriage Return" codes with no luck. 

0 votes
Ray DR April 22, 2016

I just add the reporter to the link and it creates the issue. It may already know who I am via cookies but I am not 100% sure.

I just know that creating an issue using the link works but I have to click create. 

Suggest an answer