create issue button waiting

nicolas daviot November 23, 2016

I am experiencing an issue with the create issue button. When I click on it, it "freezes" on the waiting icon forever (and I can't do anything more) : image2016-11-23 12:24:56.png

I think it happend some days ago, perhaps consequently to a screen update. I created and updated screens (that contains custom fields) for some exiting projects . I was wondering if the custom fields were right. I did an integrity check (successful). My JIRA version is 7.2.0.

I checked the log file but I could not find relevant information concerning that problem with the create button. Maybe that line could be a track (from Atlassian log file) : Thread corrupted! ActionContext still references a HttpRequest. URL: 'http://xxx:8080/browse/Projectxxx'. Attempted to clean up: true

Do you know how I could get more info/log or what to check to find out where does the bug comes from ?

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 23, 2016

You can get more information into atlassian-jira.log on JIRA server.

nicolas daviot November 23, 2016

Thanks Vasily,

This is where the bold message comes from. I'm currently analyzing atlassian-jira.log, however I could not find relevant messages concerning creation issue problem.

May be your support team knows what kind of problem it is, what to check, what to read or modify in JIRA, etc...

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 23, 2016

I have my own log parser. If you provide log I will parse it. 

nicolas daviot November 24, 2016

Thanks for your help Vasily. Actually I resolved my problem. I also have a custom log parser but the resolution didn't come from the log.
It was coming from custom fields and screens using Xray fields that I set up manually. I figured out that it is not recommanded to modifiy the Xray screens (Pre condition, Test, Test set, etc...).

Suggest an answer