common options for custom fields

Andreas Schierz January 11, 2017

Hi experts!
i´ve googled around and digged through the questions here, but i didn´t find a solution for following requirement:
I need the possibility to distinguish between the development Version in which an issues was found and the development Version in which the issue was fixed. Therfore i want to have the possibility to maintain one List and use it in several selection fields.
This is not the affected and fixed Version (there are more development Versions in one release).This fields i use for releaseplaning in Terms of Checkpoints and Milestones.

What do you suggest? Is that possible (one list used by more selection fields)?

thx in advance!

Andy

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2017

Not off-the-shelf.  The only fields that use a shared list are the version type fields (affects, fix and then you can add other version custom fields)

You'll need to find/write a custom field type that can draw values from a single list for multiple instances.

Personally, I'd just use versions in this case - add custom field of type "version" for "found in dev version" and "fixed in dev version"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events