clone issue as multiple sub-tasks with different component

Administrator May 2, 2016

I searched quite a while through the topics and I just found nothing that fits exactly my needs (just similar issues). So this is what I need:

I have a general issue XX with summary, description etc. Now I want to generate subtasks for this issue. These subtasks should be a clone of the issue XX. I want to generate it via some kind of multiple choice field. What I mean is, these subtasks should apply to different values of one component. My parent issue XX has the component "country" and I want the subtasks to be created automatically just if I select some countrys.

Maybe it could work like this: click at "create sub-tasks"; select some countries; the subtasks are created automatically with all information from the parent issue but with different country-component.

Hopefully you understand what I mean and can help me.

2 answers

0 votes
Administrator May 8, 2016

Thank you very much. Maybe I have to check if the effort is really worth it;)

0 votes
Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2016

I don't see any easy way to do that.

I think you would need something like this plugin

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.intenso.jira.issue-templates/server/overview

Chris

Suggest an answer