client was not authenticated to send anonymous mail

Dina Abdelhakam October 14, 2018

Whenever I need to send mails using the email attached to my JIRA account, it doesn't work, viewing an error saying that "SMTPSendFailedException: 530 5.7.5.7SMPTP; Client was not authenticated to send anonymous mail.'
How can I solve this issue ??error.png

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2018

The user you are connecting to your mail server with to send the mail does not have the right privileges.  You'll need to get that fixed.  Your mail admins should be able to help.

we are using office 365 and we have authenticated username and password but I need to know how to send mail via this credentials as office 365 doesn't allow sending anonymously 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2018

You need to configure the mail account correctly.

This is not a Jira problem - all it is doing is trying to send mail via the mail server that you have told it it.  It can log in as a valid user, and that's as far as it can go.  It connects, authenticates and then tries to send a mail.  There are no more settings on the Jira side - all the rest of it is up to the mail server.

In the Settings system tab then mail then outgoing mail I configured everything correctly and I tested the connection and it is connected successfully but I still cant send mail 
could you please help me urgent

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 14, 2018

You need to talk to the administrators of your mail to get the mail server configured correctly.  

Suggest an answer