change the name of issue type to some custom name

Hi,

I have a need to change the name of issue type to some other name as the organization needs? Is it possible to change the name from issue type to some other name. I don't want it to be called as issue type? 

Plz suggest me if possible.

1 answer

Hi Ankita,

Go to link below and choose your Product and version. Then download the language pack, open the jar with archive opener (namely 7zip etc.) Find all the occurrences of Issue type and change them with new value. Save the files and put those files in to jar, exact places. Install new language pack as if you were installing add-on. Activate the language pack.

I suggest you to test in test environment first.

Thanks

Language pack link:  https://translations.atlassian.com/dashboard/download?lang=en_US#/JIRA/6.4.14

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Trello

Get inspired with Trello & earn free Gold

A blank Trello board can be both a beautiful and intimidating thing. How many lists should I have? Is creating 10 labels overkill? How can I best track my progress? Is there a way...

31 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you