change cloning behaviour so cloner is the reporter

James Fishwick May 9, 2016

using latest version of ScriptRunner and Jira.

4 answers

1 vote
Geoff Wilson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2016

This is actually something I never considered, but would make sense that if I am the one that clones an issue and I wasn't the original issue's reporter, then I would want this new clone issue to be Reported by me.

As cloning is a standard JIRA function though, does this need to be a scriptrunner thing?

0 votes
Benjamin Peikes April 11, 2019

Cloning in JIRA is completely broken. They claim that the reporter will be changed if the user performing the clone does not have permission to change reporter. How that makes sense, I have no idea.

We've also not had consistent results with cloning tickets. It's basically useless.

0 votes
Sanjay Dalvi September 20, 2016

I have similar requirement. After cloning any existing ticket, Cloner should  become Reporter for Cloned tikcet

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2016

more info reqd

Suggest an answer