cannot configure workflow for my project

cynthia bourgeois December 16, 2016

I've create dmy software project but I cannot switch to simplified worflow. The button to switch is DISABLED

http://rndwww.nce.amadeus.net/agile/projects/PAMRECORDS/summary

I looked this page https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver072/using-the-simplified-workflow-829056836.html#UsingtheSimplifiedWorkflow-SwitchingtoSimplifiedWorkflow

but I don't see how to change my current workflow (default one). My project has the workflow DPC_Kanban WF Scheme_v1.0 and I have no button or else to choose another one, or create a new one.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2016

Are you an administrator?  Only admins can flip a project over to simplified workflow.

cynthia bourgeois December 16, 2016

Yes I am. I've created the project and I've added myself in panel "users and roles" as admin

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2016

Ok, so what do you see when you go to the board configuration and look at the columns?  Is there the dropdown for simplified workflow there?  What exactly are the symptoms of "cannot switch"?

cynthia bourgeois December 19, 2016

the button to switch is disabled. And I saw in this doc

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver072/using-the-simplified-workflow-829056836.html#UsingtheSimplifiedWorkflow-SwitchingtoSimplifiedWorkflow

Step 4: Click the Simplify workflow button, as shown in first screenshot below. If this button does not display, check that your project meets the pre-requisites described above.

So I lloked at the pre-requisites:

Project pre-requisites

You will only be able to switch to Simplified Workflow if:

• There is only one project being viewed by your board (to check this, look at the board's filter)
  • That project uses a JIRA workflow scheme, which only has one workflow for all issue types
  • Your workflow only uses Post Functions, Validators, and Conditions, which are provided by Atlassian (not any of which are provided by add-ons)
  • The existing workflow has at least one outgoing transition for each status

Looking at the workflows of my project I can see

Workflows

DPC_Kanban WF Scheme_v1.0

and I cannot change it. No button to add other or else

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 19, 2016

This suggests that you are not an administrator (System or JIRA, not just a project admin)

cynthia bourgeois December 19, 2016

Right I'm just project admin. I don't understand why we have to be system or JIRA admin to just add different statuses because it's my only goal.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 19, 2016

You don't.  You need to be an admin to be able to make potentially catastrophically destructive changes to a project.  I've spent a large portion of my Atlassian based career cleaning up the unholy messes made by "lets give project admins JIRA admin access so they can do what they want".

But once a board has had its workflow simplified by an admin, you will be able to change the workflow by amending the board.

In the future, we're expecting Atlassian to delegate more of it.  I think it will be "if the project has a workflow that is only used by that project, let the project owners edit it", and more of the same in other areas.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events