cannot complete sprint

Jeremy Arr January 1, 2017

When I try to complete a sprint it says "Sprint cannot be completed as there are incomplete subtasks". All my issues are either done or cancelled. I am using simplified workflow, with cancelled and done "set resolution" fields checked in the board configuration page. The cancelled status is not displayed on the kanban board, i.e is not in a column. When i add it to the done column, I am able to complete the sprint. I do not want the cancelled tasks to show up on the kanban board.

So my question is, why can't I complete the sprint when the cancelled status is not displayed on the kanban board? This looks like a bug.

I am running the latest version jira server.

2 answers

1 accepted

10 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 1, 2017

It's because an issue has to be in the right hand column for it to be considered "done".

Best option is probably to put the cancelled status in the done column and create a quick-filter to hide it from the board.  Even when hidden, it's still in the column, so you'll be able to close the sprint.

Jeremy Arr January 2, 2017

thanks!

Sandor Krisztian Andre February 25, 2018

So, in a JIRA Software scrum borady the deifintion of 'Done' is issue is in the rightmost column?

I find this 'Done' everywhere in the docs but I've never seen a definition of what it actually is.

Like Sanjog Sigdel likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2021

Yes.

Rory Standley April 4, 2022

This has saved my sanity!!

1 vote
Elliot Gates January 23, 2019

If you're using a custom workflow - ensure the final state is 'Done' and not 'Complete' or something. For some reason only 'Done' (the default JIRA complete status) will truly mark a sub-task as closed.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 5, 2021

That's not true, sorry.  To mark a sub-task as closed, it should be in the last column on the board (and ideally with a resolution set, so Core Jira sees it as done too)

Like Sanjog Sigdel likes this
Sanjog Sigdel
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 3, 2023

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- Same applies for Stories/Tasks.

The tickets in the right most columns are the ones completed in Sprint.

@Elliot Gates Better to map the final resolution states as per your workflow to the right most columns. Done, Resolved,Closed, Completed, all these can be in the right most columns 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 3, 2023

Yes, that's what I said.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events