can you delete or change group labels?

John Langlois December 15, 2015

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Creating service desk request types

JIRA Service Desk.

Can you delete or modify groups (the groups that appear in "Request types" screen?  I want to customize some of the labels that are already in use.

2 answers

0 votes
John Langlois December 16, 2015

Suppose I have a group named "1. General Requests" and this label is applied to several items and I want to change the group name to "Requests".  I know I can create a NEW group label named "Requests" and attach it to all the appropriate request types, and then delete the old labels.  But can I CHANGE the group label so that I don't have to manually change all the group labels?  Or If I need to change the numbering because I added or subtracted a group label.  If there is a "master list" of group types I cold just make the change once.

john

James Strangeway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2015

I do not see a way to do it through the UI (I think they are just like labels). I am sure you could update the tables, but that would probably be more work than deleting and recreating them.

0 votes
James Strangeway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2015

If you want to add a new group just start typing in the groups dropdown and it will add the new group for you (like labels).  You can also delete what groups are associated with each Request, but I don't know if you delete the "General" group from existence.

Hope this helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events