can you delete a Board?

Donell Peters January 5, 2016

I created a new board, using the option to Create from an Existing Project.  Now I want to delete it because I did not realize it brings all existing issues with it.  Is there an option to hide or remove a board?

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2016

Yes you can delete the board you just created (assuming you still got the correct permissions to do so).

What do you mean by "I did not realize it brings all existing issues with it"? A JIRA Agile board allows you to display, manage and work on project issues  based on a filter of your choice. No other side effects on the JIRA Project itself and the issues on it.

Donell Peters January 5, 2016

I created a new board with a new name, using the Create from Existing Project. So on my new board, I see an exact duplicate of a board that  belongs to the existing project.  Where do you access the Remove Board configuration?

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2016

What JIRA Agile version do you have? Click the "Board" button on the top right of the page then click "Configure". Click the "Board" button again and click "Delete"

Gec Diaconu March 1, 2018

See how it's done in current version of Jira Cloud:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/configuring-a-board-764477974.html (scroll to the Delete section)

0 votes
Dario Andres Palminio Choy April 13, 2021

The steps are:

Click in the search field.

And choose View all boards (or select Go to all: Board button).

Find your board and select (3 points) more () > Delete.

0 votes
Dario Andres Palminio Choy April 13, 2021

The steps are:

1. Click in the search field.
  2. And choose View all boards (or select Go to all: Board button).
  3. Find your board and select (3 points) more () > Delete.

Suggest an answer