can you delete a Board?

I created a new board, using the option to Create from an Existing Project.  Now I want to delete it because I did not realize it brings all existing issues with it.  Is there an option to hide or remove a board?

1 answer

1 accepted

Yes you can delete the board you just created (assuming you still got the correct permissions to do so).

What do you mean by "I did not realize it brings all existing issues with it"? A JIRA Agile board allows you to display, manage and work on project issues  based on a filter of your choice. No other side effects on the JIRA Project itself and the issues on it.

I created a new board with a new name, using the Create from Existing Project. So on my new board, I see an exact duplicate of a board that  belongs to the existing project.  Where do you access the Remove Board configuration?

What JIRA Agile version do you have? Click the "Board" button on the top right of the page then click "Configure". Click the "Board" button again and click "Delete"

See how it's done in current version of Jira Cloud:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/configuring-a-board-764477974.html (scroll to the Delete section)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked Thursday in Jira Ops

I'm John Allspaw, Ask Me Anything about incident analysis and postmortems

I'm John Allspaw, co-founder of   Adaptive Capacity Labs, where we help teams use their incidents to learn and improve. We bring research-driven methods and approaches to drive effective inciden...

5,403 views 21 17
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you