can't import from JIRA 7.1 Server to Cloud, content not allowed in prolog

Skip Sailors February 10, 2017

I have a new JIRA atlassian.net account with JIRA and Confluence.  It's a day old.  I want to import my Server data to this account.  The server version is the latest.  It has been upgraded a few times, starting at version 4.something.  It uses SQL Server.  I backed up the data on the server.  I opened the zip, and sent the entities through the atlassian-xml-cleaner-0.1.jar.  I repackaged the entities and the activeobjects in a zip.  I did this on a Windows 10 laptop.

When I try to import the repackaged file from https://wpc-edi.atlassian.net/secure/admin/StudioImportSelect!start.jspa, I get:

Import error

There was an error importing file jira.cloud.zip: "There was an error parsing the entities.xml file:
    Content is not allowed in prolog.". Please try again or choose a different file.

Is there good advice about how I can stop trying to put content in my prolog?

TIA

1 answer

0 votes
Skip Sailors February 14, 2017

Ah, I see.  I used PowerShell as the shell where I executed the cleaner.  PSH likes to write UTF-16 files, no matter what.  The easiest resolution is to use a CMD shell, instead.  There is probably some instruction to explain to PSH that it should use the format of the original file.  I am sure I will stumble on it, one day.

Suggest an answer