can't add authentication file to root of website

Grant Bristow September 29, 2016

We use squarespace and I can't find a way to put the domain authentication file in the root of our website space.

Is there another method for proving we own the domain? Most folks who do this provide 2 or 3 methods to verify.

One I've seen is to send an email to the site administrator as per the whois record; another is to look for a special site in the DNS records. I can do either of these. I can't do the website update. I would imagine that there are many in this predicament, especially if you only have a domain and don't have a website.

Any chance of a different way to prove I own rockleyphotonics.com?

2 answers

0 votes
James Sullivan October 12, 2016

Having the same problem.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2016

Could you explain what this has to do with Atlassian applications?

Grant Bristow September 29, 2016

Atlassian has started a new authentication system that requires domain ownership verification so that they can apply the authentication and password policies for the domain. Unfortunately, Atlassian only looks for one thing: a file in the root of the domain's website. We do not have that "flexibility". 

I thought I was submitting a trouble ticket. If not, I apologize.

Grant

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2016

I thought it might be that, but there's been several similar ones recently that don't refer to Atlassian and then go on to be unrelated, so I pasted a stock answer to prompt a confirmation.

Whilst I understand the easy option is the file-at-root, and I do understand why it's being done, I don't think it should be the only easy option.

We're not support here, we're end-users like you are, but, it's always worth trying here!  In this case though, I do think you need to go to Atlassian support over at https://support.atlassian.com (I'm kind of hoping just being able to raise it there and provide the right details is enough to get it sorted)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events