can i add a project to a cross-project release after it has been created in portfolio ?

som nath kapoor January 12, 2017

So i'm using Portfolio. 

Prior i had 2 projects in my plan and proceeded to create a Cross-Project release version that applied to all. 

Some time later if i add new projects in my plan , how do i propagate this CPR to the new project

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2017

Create a new release in your new Project (either in your project or from Portfolio). Then navigate to your cross-project release in Portfolio and edit it. Scroll down in the list of releases and click Add Release. You can then add the new project's release to the CPR. You can choose to align release dates there as well.

som nath kapoor January 19, 2017

Thanks for the feedback, It seems i dont have cross-project releases visible after creation which means i cant edit them to add releases. 

It appears in the individual projects where it was originally assigned to but i can only edit estimated start and stop dates 

Any idea on how i can get this corrected ?

som nath kapoor January 19, 2017

Ok dis-regard my filter was masking this out 

it works as you mentioned 

cheers smile

Suggest an answer