can I sync permissions from JIRA to Confluence?

Florian Raab August 23, 2016

Hi,

is it possible to define permissions in a JIRA project and to have it synchronized to the corresponding Confluence Space ?

We are using JIRA/Confluence Server and both instances are connected to LDAP.

If not we would have to manually add the users twice, in JIRA and Confluence...

Cheers!

2 answers

0 votes
Florian Raab August 24, 2016

Hi @Prakhar Srivastav,

thanks for the fast answer.

That I already knew, but as far as I know the sync between JIRA & Confluence does only work for the global permission scheme / Groups?

In my case the Project Lead adds users to a project role in JIRA. We then have a Corresponding Confluence Space for this Project which should use the same users for the same roles. So we are maintaining the Permissions via the Project Lead.

Unfortunately it is not viable within this company to handle this with groups . It is not possible to handle the amount of Projects and users through a gruop administration.

Cheers,

Florian

Prakhar Srivastav August 24, 2016

Hi @Florian Raab

In that case you might need a plugin.

If you can give detailed generalize requirement then I can build it for you .

Regards

Prakhar

0 votes
Prakhar Srivastav August 23, 2016

Hi @Florian Raab

You can delegate the user management part to Jira. In this way you can have one place to control the users and group. Check the below url :

See Configuring JIRA Integration in the Setup Wizard to delegate user management to JIRA when installing Confluence for the first time.

See Connecting to Crowd or JIRA for User Management to delegate user management to JIRA for an existing Confluence site. 

Regards

Prakhar

Suggest an answer