Hi, I can't open attachments in my ticket with extension .config or .Config

Somebody idea how to open them? or what to change

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Infoteam - Software Solutions January 24, 2016

Hi Thomas,

We had similar issue when using IIS as proxy in front of JIRA (and Confluence). The problem origin is from IIS Request Filtering module which deny access to some extensions and URL segments.

It's possible to remove this filter for a specific web application using the following commands at administrator command prompt:

• Allow downloading of file with a filtered extension (i.e. '.config' extension)
    • appcmd set config "Web app name" /section:requestFiltering /-fileExtensions.[fileextension='.config']
  • Allow downloading of file with a filtered URL segments (i.e. 'web.config' file)
    • appcmd set config "Confluence"/section:requestFiltering /-hiddenSegments.[segment='web.config']

This document is from our internal KB : 

Best regards,

Romain

1 vote
RobertH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2015

Hi Thomas,
I think what you'll want to do is edit the following file in your JIRA application:

atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/mime.types

And if you want these to be shown as plain text, more than likely you'll find the line that begins with:

text/plain

Then build upon it.  So mine by default looks like this:

text/plain          asc txt patch log java

So yours may look like this: 

text/plain          asc txt patch log java config

Change this and restart JIRA, then hopefully you see them, rather than downloading them.  

Hope this helps!

0 votes
Thomas Landuyt December 30, 2015

Thanks for the responses,

When i click on my .config file in the attachments I get the following error (see image)

It even doesn't download the file.

We are still on JIRA version 6.3.4

kr,

0 votes
Chander Inguva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2015

Hey Thomas,

What does the atlassian-jira.log file say while you are trying to open the .config file from JIRA ticket. I have reproduced by saving a .config file and attached on JIRA 7.0.5 SQL Server.

as.PNG

Also let me know what version of JIRA you are running so I will try to replicate the issue.

Regards

Chander Inguva

Suggest an answer