admin/admin can't login

Jirong Hu October 21, 2015

I just installed the latest v6 trail but admin/admin can't login. What's the default admin login id and password?

2 answers

0 votes
Jirong Hu October 22, 2015

Following this find out the user is jirong_hu@otpp.com, the one used to register to jira.com. There is no more admin user in the database.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/retrieving-the-jira-administrator-192836.html#RetrievingtheJIRAAdministrator-ForJIRAversions6.0to6.2.1:

0 votes
michael_ngangom
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2015

reset from database using the below query:

update cwd_user set credential='uQieO/1CGMUIXXftw3ynrsaYLShI+GTcPS4LdUGWbIusFvHPfUzD7CZvms6yMMvA8I7FViHVEqr6Mj4pCLKAFQ==' where user_name='admin';

this will set the admin password to 'sphere' without quotes.

I am using the default internal database, how to execute this command? Thanks.

michael_ngangom
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2015

I executed the command, but got a 0 update count, still can't login with admin/sphere. I can see all tables in the DatabaseManager. Do I need to login to the Database Manager to execute?

Suggest an answer