adding "aui-icon icon-required" on transition to comment field

clem
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2016

Hi,

I would like to add the icon that indicates a field is required on a transition screen for the comment field.

I added the validator that ensures the field is required but it does not add the icon.

Does anyone know how to do that?

Thanks,

Cynthia

3 answers

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2016

If you have Script Runner, you can enable a single global validator and enable the "use validator setting."

If you don't have scriptrunner, the easiest way to achieve this would likely be to add a new custom field just as a shell so you can drop arbitrary javascript into that form to add the classes you noted.

0 votes
clem
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 13, 2016

I have a self-hosted version.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 13, 2016

Can you tell us if you have JIRA Cloud or if you self-host JIRA?

If you have ScriptRunner, the Behaviors module can achieve this for you.

Suggest an answer