adding context to existing custom field

Deleted user February 28, 2017

I have a custom field that is a dropdown list with a list of options set. I can see it is currently used by 6 projects. It is currently set with a global context.

My project is not one of the 6 currently using the field.

I want to use the field but with a different list of options.

Do need to set up 2 contexts. One for the existing projects and one for mine or can I just set up my new context and all other project except mine use the global context.

Thanks

Ron

2 answers

0 votes
Sachin Dhamale February 28, 2017

Hi Ron,

Yes, You can Add a context to the custom field and setup a different custom field value for different project

0 votes
Chander Inguva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2017

Hey Ron,

Create a custom context for your use and keep global context for all other default options or existing ones for that field.

As a JIRA Admin, you should be able to do that by clicking cog wheel to go into Issues and then click on Custom Fields and click on the custom field you would like to add a new context

• Click on Configure and create a new context with list of new options, selecting project and issue types for this new context as shown below
    Screen Shot 2017-03-01 at 12.54.42 AM.png
  • Click on Add New Context

Screen Shot 2017-03-01 at 12.54.55 AM.png
  • Choose a custom context name for this configuration and also choose right issue types and Projects that needs to have different custom field values.
  • Make sure the field is on right screens of those projects

Screen Shot 2017-03-01 at 12.55.27 AM.png
  • You should see a new context created as shown below
    Screen Shot 2017-03-01 at 12.56.04 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-03-01 at 12.55.45 AM.png
  • You can click on edit options and add new values for this context.
    Screen Shot 2017-03-01 at 12.56.39 AM.png

Hope this helps 

Chander

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events