add watchers based on checkboxes count

Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2016

I am attempting to create a workflow that adds watchers to an issue based on the amount of ticked options in a checkboxes custom field.

Example:

If only one of four alternatives are ticked: add watcher UserA and UserB.

If more than one of four alternatives are ticked: add watcher UserA, UserB and UserC.

How would i go about doing that in a JIRA workflow?

We use JIRA 6.2.1

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2016

You'll need to find/write an add-on that provides a post-function to do that.  The post-function sounds quite simple - add UserA and UserB to watchers, then an "if" that looks at the content of the field and adds UserC if there's a match.

I'd use the script-runner to do it as usual, but you may be able to do it with other addons.

Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2016

Will give it a go..

Suggest an answer