add user to a project role based on their group when their login to JIRA, when they logout they are remove from the project role

R. Tjong September 16, 2016

Hi All,

I have a requirement for Assignee,

Scenario:

When my user assign an issue, it will show only "Logged IN" user in the assignee field. When they logout from JIRA or close browser, they are not visible in assignee field

So far i have tried:

1. group picker
  2. user picker based on project role
  3. Using nFeed

But i stuck with below: login.lastLoginMillis and lastAuthenticated method, since it will depends on the interval i set which end-users will vary on their behavior.

Any suggestion? If Scriptrunner able to do this or any other plugins?

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 17, 2016

None of those approaches are going to work really.  Fields don't have any information about who might be logged in as it's generally irrelevant, and even if you're thinking "only assign to people who are currently working", that's quite horrible because it's often the wrong option.  A far better option is to train your operatives to monitor and  react to the queues properly.  If something important comes in and you're unsure who is around, use a chat programme to see who is around and willing to pick it up for example.

But, if you must go this way, you are going to need to write a new field that, when rendered, can offer a list of users that you know have logged in less than X milliseconds ago.

0 votes
R. Tjong September 17, 2016

Thanks Nic... will find a way

Suggest an answer