Recognition

• Give kudos
  • My kudos

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

accessing edit screens to show different tabs

Hi, given the views have changed this morning, i was wondering where the edit button on the ticket had gone.

In the past when clicking edit the forms with its sub categories in different tabs would appear, however i cant see where i would see this view?

1 answer

0 votes

Hello Vinay,

Can you confirm if you are using JIRA Cloud or Server?

If you are using JIRA Cloud, you are probably referring to the new issue view of JIRA:

Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 12.24.43.png

If that's the view you are talking about, it is still a lab feature on JIRA so our developers are still working to implement/remove features from it based on customers feedback, Including the tabs and the edit button.

About the Edit button, it was replace by the inline edition of the fields directly in the view screen - You just need to click on the fields to edit it.

About the Tabs, it was removed in order to keep all the fields in a single view, however, we understand that for some use cases it would be better to keep using this feature.

That been said, here is the feature request opened for it:

The screen tabs are not visible in the new Jira issue view

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

Additionally, if you want to turn off the new issue view, just click in your profile picture > Personal Settings > Turn off the lab feature

Let me know if this information helps, Vinay.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

3,962 views 11 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you