accessing edit screens to show different tabs

Vinay Patel February 13, 2019

Hi, given the views have changed this morning, i was wondering where the edit button on the ticket had gone.

In the past when clicking edit the forms with its sub categories in different tabs would appear, however i cant see where i would see this view?

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 14, 2019

Hello Vinay,

Can you confirm if you are using JIRA Cloud or Server?

If you are using JIRA Cloud, you are probably referring to the new issue view of JIRA:

Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 12.24.43.png

If that's the view you are talking about, it is still a lab feature on JIRA so our developers are still working to implement/remove features from it based on customers feedback, Including the tabs and the edit button.

About the Edit button, it was replace by the inline edition of the fields directly in the view screen - You just need to click on the fields to edit it.

About the Tabs, it was removed in order to keep all the fields in a single view, however, we understand that for some use cases it would be better to keep using this feature.

That been said, here is the feature request opened for it:

The screen tabs are not visible in the new Jira issue view

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

Additionally, if you want to turn off the new issue view, just click in your profile picture > Personal Settings > Turn off the lab feature

Let me know if this information helps, Vinay.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events