about new jira stuff

Jonathan Van Belle April 6, 2016

Hello,

With the new separation in 3 different JIRA I have some questions. So I have read the doc but for me it's still unclear.

Now all user of JIRA have account (around 25 members). But only 4 are developer.

So if I switch to role base view, I need the following :

• 1 administrator (also developer)
  • 4 developer that can create ticket, use agile view, do release, manage workflows, link with bitbucket, ...
  • 21 people that can create issue, view it, comment it and search after it
    • theses people don't need to have an agile view
    • the issue can be in the same project where developer use agile tools

Is there a way to optimize this situation instead of creating jira-software user for everyone. I have the impression that with service desk it can reduce the cost but I'm afraid that people can't do what they need if we use agile.

thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2016

The easiest way to think of this is that there are three products:

• JIRA Core
  • JIRA Core + Service Desk
  • JIRA Core + Software

The reason I list them like that is that the licence for Software and Service Desk implicitly allows the user access to Core as well.

Given your 1 admin, 4 dev, 21 users, it sounds like you could do:

• 10 JIRA Software users (the developers)
  • 25 JIRA Core (the not-developers)

And hence have up to 35 users!  The 25 Core users won't get development tabs or Scrum or Kanban boards (but if you do this on Cloud, they will have access to the "labs" business boards, which are a bit Kanbanny - they're an experiment, but one we expect to be implemented in full soon)

Jonathan Van Belle April 6, 2016

thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events