a list that opens from cascade element

Arman Kurmanay June 9, 2016

how can I make a list that opens from cascade element of another cascading list at the screen?

I want to see list2 (info1, info2, info3) in field2, if in field1 user has selected field "info" from list1

2 answers

0 votes
Andrea Carl
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2016

If I understand your question, you want to select "Info" in field 1 and have multiple values listed in Field 2?  This is exactly what a cascading select does.  But it's not two fields, it's one. 

If you're looking for more cascading levels than two, you'll need to use a plugin.  There's a couple on the marketplace.  I've used Dynamic Forms in the past which has a lot more functionality than just multi-level cascade selects.

I'm sorry, yes, I need more cascading levels than two. And there's no way to solve it without paid plugins?

0 votes

Hi, Mr @Mohd Adnan

I've read that you wrote about this file. Tell me, please, what I need to edit in this file?

\Atlassian\JIRA\atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\classes\templates\plugins\fields\edit\edit-cascadingselect.vm

can I do it by editing this file?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events