You need a better way to communicate product updates

Richard Cullen June 20, 2016

The only method you have for tracking system updates is to subscribe to the Confluence page. But your tech writers make multiple changes to the page per update cycle so I get deluged with crappy little notifications - too much noise, not enough signal.

You need to figure out a better way to provide updates.

2 answers

1 vote
glennrees June 21, 2016

I agree. Tracking add-ons is a bit easier, as there is usually a link for 'watch add-on' , but I can't find a way to just get notified if say, there is a new Confluence version released. The only way, like you Richard, is to subscribe to the Confluence release notes page and wait for a page edit. This is pretty basic.

I am sure there is another way to be notified of major app updates, but it's very well hidden. I can't see it in my user profile email preferences either. Just newsletters and stuff in there.

0 votes
Sarah Karp
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 21, 2016

Hi @Richard Cullen, 

Thank you for your feedback. It's much appreciated as we work towards a short-term solution of streamlining our What's New Confluence page and a longer-term solution of delivering updates to our customers.

In the meantime, can you let me know what updates you and your team would find most relevant? 

Cheers,

Sarah

MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2016

Sarah,

Does https://my.atlassian.com/email not work? I think I use an RSS feed as well

Suggest an answer