Xray Error when associate Test with Execution

Patrick Alexander June 30, 2016

Hi,

when I try to add an Execution to a Test i get the following Errormassage:

The following errors occurred while associating Test Executions with Test TESTMAN-26
User XXX does not have permission to execute test execution with key TESTMAN-32

The Execution is still linked with the test

2 answers

1 vote
Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2021

Hi @Patrick Alexander@Jason D Smith, and @Krishnanand Nayak 

The user must have Resolve Issues permission, otherwise he will not be able to execute.
Please check in your Project Settings \ Permissions. Users must have the Resolve Issues permission, those who don't have it will not be able to execute Tests.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Rogério Paiva [Xray Support Team]

Krishnanand Nayak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2021

we dont have these issues any more. faced this during initial evaluation.

Jason D Smith June 25, 2021

I was very surprised to find that Resolve was relevant there. Thanks for the response.

0 votes
Joao Mendonca July 1, 2016

Hi,

Can you please open a ticket in Xray's support page?

Thanks,

João

Krishnanand Nayak
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 26, 2018

we are facing a similar issue. We see this error with generic automation test.

Jason D Smith June 22, 2021

It would have been nice to see which permissions are required for a user to do this.

Suggest an answer