Xporter for JIRA - Variables in hyperlink title + href

JimmyVanAU
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2016

Hi,

Using JIRA 7.1.7 server + Xporter for JIRA 4.3.0.

Is anyone able to use a variable in both the title and href of a hyperlink?

I have the following snippets in my Word document:

${set(statuslist,"status IN (Open, 'In Progress', Testing)")}

which prints just fine when I write ${statuslist}.

When I substitute this into a hyperlink, one works fine:

@{title=link to JIRA|href=${BaseURL}/issues/?jql=${statuslist} AND project = TASK AND issuetype = Task}

and

@{title=${jqlcount:${statuslist} AND project = TASK AND issuetype = Task}|href=${BaseURL}/issues/?jql=project = TASK AND issuetype = Task}

When I attempt to substitute it twice with:

@{title=${jqlcount:${statuslist} AND project = TASK AND issuetype = Task}|href=${BaseURL}/issues/?jql=${statuslist} AND project = TASK AND issuetype = Task}

then ${BaseURL} appears not to substitute and it becomes a local link.

link1.png

link2.png

Has anyone been able to use a variable in both the title and href of a hyperlink?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rui Rodrigues
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2016

Hi @Jimmy Van,

Try to use this:

${set(myJqlCount,"${jqlcount:${statuslist} AND project = TASK AND issuetype = Task}")}
@{title=${myJqlCount}|href=${BaseURL}/issues/?jql=project = TASK AND issuetype = Task}

I hope this will help you.

Cheers,

Rui Rodrigues.

JimmyVanAU
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 25, 2016

Thanks Rui thumbs-up I tried:

${set(myJqlCount2,"${jqlcount:${statuslist} AND project
= TASK AND issuetype = Task}")}
@{title=${myJqlCount2}|href=${BaseURL}/issues/?jql=${statuslist}
AND project = TASK AND issuetype = Task}

with the ${var} in the href, and that seemed to work.

Rui Rodrigues
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 25, 2016

Great.

Cheers.

Suggest an answer