Xporter for JIRA - Hyperlink escape character

JimmyVanAU
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2016

Hi,

Using JIRA 7.1.7 server + Xporter for JIRA 4.3.0.

Does anyone know if there's an escape character for hyperlinks referencing JQL?

I'm currently writing an Xporter document (output to Word) and am trying to output a hyperlink with the text/title as the JQL count value (working fine), and with the hyperlink taking me to the results of a search query.

For example, given the JQL status = "In Progress", I tried

@{title=${jqlcount:status = "In Progress"|href=${BaseURL}/issues/?jql=status = "In Progress"}

That failed (the output URL was https://jiraserver/issues/?jql=status = ), so I tried:

@{title=${jqlcount:status = "In Progress"|href=${BaseURL}/issues/?jql=status%20%3D%20"In Progress"}

^^ Replace spaces with %20 and = with %3D (resulting in same output, everything after the space after = is truncated)

AND

@{title=${jqlcount:status = "In Progress"|href=${BaseURL}/issues/?jql=status%20%3D%20\"In Progress\"}

This output everything in the URL, but my query still didn't work.

image2016-10-20 13:13:39.png

Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I be trying single/double quotation marks, and escaping/not escaping those?

I've been very careful to make sure that MS Word is using straight quotes and not the stylised ones (as far as I can tell).

Thanks,
Jimmy

PS Would be awesome if there was a feature that allowed templates to do something like this:

${jqlcountlink:status = Open and created > -14d}

Something like that, where the JQL count is returned, and it automatically converts into a hyperlink taking a user to ${BaseURL}/issues/?jql=query

I can only see a few scenarios where that would be annoying, and where it might break a few things for people using ${jqlcount:query}, so suggesting an entirely new function.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Rui Rodrigues
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2016

Hi @Jimmy Van,

You have 2 problems here:

@{title=${jqlcount:status = "In Progress"|href=${BaseURL}/issues/?jql=status = "In Progress"}

A } before |, this is to close the jqlcount function: ${jqlcount:<jql>}.

The other problem is on href definition, you should encode the "In Progress" due to quotes(").

Here is what you need:

@{title=${jqlcount:status = "In Progress"}|href=${BaseURL}/issues/?jql=status = %22In%20Progress%22}

I hope this helps you.

Cheers,

Rui Rodrigues.

JimmyVanAU
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 20, 2016

Great, thanks Rui. Worked like a charm.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events