Writing a Groovy Expression for my Post Function with a custom field number

Carmen Nadeau
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2017

First I am NOT a developer and I always write my groovy expression with what I find here in Atlassian answers. But not this time wink

I am trying to set a number custom field with a negative value. It is only done if another custom field has the "Non" value. Plus I will have to make sure that the custom field number is not already negative.

I tried different combinaison and I am not able to change the value of the field named Montant.

issue.getCustomFieldValue("customField_19313")
or
issue.get("customField_19313") * -1

I really don't know what to try next. Any help will be appreciate.

image2017-2-13 15:3:14.png

1 answer

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2017

Try this one

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.CustomField

CustomField montant = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("Montant")

double curValue = issue.getCustomFieldValue(montant)

if(curValue > 0) {
    issue.setCustomFieldValue(
            montant
            , curValue * (-1)
    )
}
Carmen Nadeau
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 21, 2017

Hi,

I will keep your answer but the client has decided to not do this. 

Thanks for your time, much appreciated.

Suggest an answer