Workload in Kanban - Assignee vs Storypoints

Raj Domala August 10, 2016

Hi all,

I have a kanban board and just wanted see how many story points are against each user. Not to track or anything like Scrum but I wanted to know how many story points my team is currently working on. Is it possible in Kanban board.

I also have a scrum board for different project where I can see this (Story points not assigned as of now)

1.PNG

Can I see the same in a kanban project as well ? Please help!

Thanks much!!

3 answers

0 votes
Raj Domala August 15, 2016

@Thomas Vandierendonck Could you please help!

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2016

EazyBI addon can get the aggregate of story points by assignee.

To do so:

1. add Measures > Story Points created to Columns
  2. add Assignee to Rows
  3. click on 'All assignees' to expand it to view the detailed list of users who have story points assigned to them

There you have a view of how it looks like:

eazyBI.png

Raj Domala August 11, 2016

I think this is what I need. Let me try and get back to you SIr.

Thanks much!

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2016

You can customize the story cards - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSW-3922 and thus see assignee and story points on the same card. that seems to be the easiest way to me.

Raj Domala August 10, 2016

Very nice, Thanks Tarun! I already knew this. But, I wanted to see the aggregate of story points per person. 

In the method you suggested, I have to add each and every issue's story points myself for any user to know story points assigned to him/her.

Any better method to know aggregate of story points per person ? I am good even if there is plugin which can accomplish this!

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2016

Then I would suggest you to use a 2 dimensional JIRA filter in your dashboard which uses the same JQL filter as your kanban board thus getting same list of issues - https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/adding-the-two-dimensional-filter-statistics-gadget-720416991.html

Hello Tarun,

Yes I have explored this option as well. But there is no way I can have story points as a measure. Thanks!

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2016

That's right, Raj. In fact, that's a feature request you can vote for:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-62109

Ohh nice Ignacio. I did vote. Thanks!

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 11, 2016

yw! smile

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 11, 2016

it's a must have feature indeed!

Suggest an answer