Working on sprint and backlog in parallel

Hi,

My team delivers a sprint every 4 months, so I use Scrum board. However, my programmers still have some other issues that are not part of the sprint on the one hand, but on the other hand I want to track these issues' statuses. For example, documenting some knowledge, exploring for new technologies to use, cleaning the cubic, writing a guide for something, executing a training program for the new programmer, etc.

To my understand, these issues and others should not be part of the sprint (as they are not delivered as part of the version, so it should be on the backlog), but I still want to track its progress... What should I do?

Thanks!

Avishay

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Avishay,

You can open another board, but this time, use a kanban board using a filter that shows only issues that are not to be used in sprints.

Hope this helps

Thanks Itamar, it seems the best (though not the optimal) way.

smile

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

189 views 3 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you