Working hours planning

Adrian Ciolek November 22, 2015

Is there any way I can create (using core functionalities or plugins) some kind of availability timesheet/calendar? I'd like the members of my team to plan which hours would they like to work on every day. I've tried a couple of plugins (e.g. tempo timesheets and teamlead calendar) but they all use issues as a base for planning - my perfect scenario would be to simply allow them say "I'll be working 9am-5pm on Monday, 6pm - 1am on Tuesday etc. 

Any recommendations?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
MikeyS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2015

Tempo Timesheets also allows you to plan time against an entire project or specific issues that have been marked as internal activities.  When using Tempo it's not uncommon to have a project or a few issues that are used exclusively for planning and logging time instead of tracking bugs/stories.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 22, 2015

JIRA is very heavily issue-oriented - there's not a lot you can do with it that doesn't rely on having issues there to hang any data on.

Having said that, it might be worth a look at Tempo planner.  While it still needs the issues, it can plan at a more project oriented level.  You could also consider having a simple project with dummy issues that people plan against.

Suggest an answer