Workflow step to create and link new issue on different project

Evan Giordanella February 21, 2017

I am creating a new workflow and as one of the transition steps I would like to have a screen to create a new issue on a different project and have the two issues be linked together. The thought is when new work items are entered, the ticket is reviewed by an incoming team and then assigned to the appropriate engineering team once the ticket is approved. I have not been able to figure out a way to achieve this. I did try some plugins but none of them seemed to have this exact functionality.  Has anyone made a similar workflow or can someone recommend a good solution to this workflow problem?  Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Evan Giordanella March 3, 2017

Hi Brent. Someone had suggested trying using the JIRA Utilities plugin. I am trying it out now - so far no luck.  Let me know if you also find a solution since it seems very similar to my current problem. Thanks!

0 votes
brent swift March 2, 2017

Hey Evan - Any luck solving this?  I am try to do something similar and linking 2 different team workflows where the 2nd team's workflow doesn't start until the 1st team completes a specific step within their workflow.

Suggest an answer