Workflow state and Subtasks

AbrahamA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2016

Hello

Is there a way I can stop showing a state in issue workflow, if there are no subtasks in the issue.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Abe.

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2016

Hi Abraham,

You can use condition "Boolean condition with math, date-time or text-string terms" provided by JIRA Workflow Toolbox using the following configuration:

Captura de pantalla 2016-01-11 a las 12.53.11.png

Boolean expression is:

count(subtasks()) > 0

Best regards,

Fidel

1 vote
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 6, 2016

Not out of the box. The statuses available on the workflow button are always dependent on the transitions available for your issue's current status.

If you like, you can hide the Workflow button itself by putting some code (a javascript in the page) by checking an issue's sub-tasks but I'm highly against javascripts.

0 votes
AbrahamA
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 11, 2016

Customer++;

Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 11, 2016

Thx, :-)

0 votes
Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 11, 2016

Hi Modha,

Yes, you can implement that condition using the following boolean expression:

count(subtasks()) = count(filterByStatus(subtasks(), "Closed, Done"))

That expression is only satisfied when all the subtasks are in statuses "Closed" or "Done".

0 votes
Modha Khammammettu January 10, 2016

Hello Fidel

count(subtasks()) > 0 

condition worked for me.

Also is there a way I can say do not show transition if any of my sub tasks are not closed.

Please let me know.

0 votes
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2016

Alternatively you can use ScriptRunner to make a condition for your transition which checks for the presence/absence of subtasks. 

A builtin script is here which shows how to check all subtasks are complete before allowing a transition to take place.

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/builtin-scripts.html#_all_sub_tasks_must_be_resolved

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events