Workflow doesnt reflect in Status of active project

Raj Tharun Domala July 20, 2016

Hello All,

I have created a new workflow. After few days I found this workflow will suit one my existing projects well. So I changed the default workflow of that project to the workflow I created.

Now the active project & all tasks, show the new workflow when I click "View Workflow". but doesn't allow me to assign my tasks with the statuses in that new work flow. The status options are still same as past workflow. So CHANGING my workflow doesn't make any sense.
Workflow is different and Statuses shown are different. Please help.

This is very urgent.

Thanks much!!

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Geoff Wilson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2016

Did you update the Workflow Scheme as well to assign that specific Issue Type to a specific Workflow?  and then assigned that Workflow Scheme to your project?

0 votes
Raj Tharun Domala July 22, 2016

Hey Geoff, Thanks much!

I figures it out myself. There is a problem in my workflow, because I haven't specified "Transition from all" to every transition state. SO when ever I assign a status to my story it only showed me statues where it can next be transitioned and not all the workflow statuses. 

Now, I have given "transition from all" to every stage, so it show all status in my Workflow and I can move my Story to any status need less to follow the workflow transition. Thanks much!

0 votes
Raj Tharun Domala July 20, 2016

Yes I have created a new workflow Schema, assigned it to my Workflow and then published it to my project. Still my Workflow statues and the status shown in active project are different.

Geoff Wilson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2016

Is this sensitive data? if not, could by chance share in screenshots your project's admin settings, the Workflow scheme in use, the workflow itself, and an issue (that shows the transition button options, the issue type, the project)?

And just to clarify, the new workflow schema actually has <desired issue type> mapped to the specific workflow you want right?  like the image below.  You didn't specify that in your response so I'm trying to double check. 

workflow_schemes.png

Suggest an answer