Workflow Extension - Conditional post function Question

Tomy T December 16, 2016

I am trying to test out some concepts before buying and implementing some Add-Ons.

I am using a trial version of this one:

https://innovalog.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JMWEC/JIRA+Misc+Workflow+Extensions+for+JIRA+Cloud

I am trying to make a conditional post function to make a story be automatically created when I transition an Epic into the "In Progress" Status.

On my epic, I made some custom fields like checkboxes and radio buttons and number fields.

I am using the post function "Raise an Issue", and everything works intuitively. 

However, I can't get the conditional execution to work.

For example, I'd like to launch a story only if "Radio Choice 2" is selected, or if "Checkbox 3" is selected, or if the number field has a value of over 2500.

(also, the box that I'm supposed to enter the conditionals is saying I should be using nunjucks notation, and I can't find any documentation that lets me select fields other than the default ones.)

Does anyone have experience with this sort of thing?

Any help would be appreciated!

1 answer

0 votes
Karalee Kikiros
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2016

Hi Tomy, I'm not sure what you mean by let's you select fields other than the default ones. For the nunjucks notation, you would just add issue.fields.<fieldname>. That's not working for you?

Tomy T December 19, 2016

Hi Karalee,

I was wondering about the expansion to that.

For example, is it issue.fields.<fieldname> = True?

Is it issue.fields.<fieldname>.selected? 

How do I select the different ones for radio buttons, or checkboxes?

Those are the kind of clarifications I was hoping for.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events