Workflow: Check the contents of resolution

Jeremiah Landi February 1, 2016

Hello,

I would like to check that the resolution field is not set to unresolved before a story is being closed. I was wondering if there is a way to do this to prevent unresolved items from being closed.

2 answers

2 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2016

You can choose the "Value field" workflow condition and checked for Resolution != "empty string here".

Having said that, I would prefer an option close items that are unresolved because you might be closing tickets because they are duplicate, invalid etc. It doesn't make any sense to Resolve them first and then close it.

However, if your business process requires that, value field condition should work.

1 vote
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2016

Add the Resolve issue screen to all transitions to Closed in your workflow.
To do so, edit the workflow, click on a transition to Close, and add a screen through the option in the right side.
Repeat the process for each other transitions that may go to Closed, and finally Publish your draft. 

Besides, you can create some new resolutions to cover cases in which issues are closed without actually been successful: Won't do, Won't fix, Out of scope, Duplicated, Invalid... or whatever.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events