Windows Server + MS SQL Server 2014 + jTDS

Micke S. August 21, 2017

Hi, this is probably a pretty simple question that i dont seem to find details on how to do.

I have downloaded the jTDS 1.3.1 and now i would like to know how to install this driver and make Jira Core 7.4.2 detect in during the setup phase and make the test connetion succeed.

Have seen that i just drop some files in some folder, but not sure which files and where.

Anyone.. help. please

/Micke

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2017

I think you might have found old outdated docs here.  If JIRA needs a database driver for your system, it will tell you how to install it and where as you run the installer (when it needs it, it really is "download one jar file, move it to directory given on screen").  You'll need to restart the installer after moving the file.

Micke S. August 21, 2017

ah.. ok.

When i have you "on the line".. do you know if there is anything special i need to do to get the AD service user to work when connecting to the database. When i test the connection i get "Error connecting to database. Login failed for user serviceaccountname" I workes if i use a local sql user.

Micke S. August 21, 2017

According to this documentation from Atlassian (7.4).

SQL Server 2014 needs the driver. https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver074/supported-platforms-881683157.html

Microsoft SQL Server
 •Express Editions are not supported.
•Supported Microsoft SQL Server databases use the latest JTDS JDBC driver listed here.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2017

I don't know how a service user would be used to connect to an AD server, but it sounds like the AD server is not expecting that format of connection, or the credentials are wrong, or it's not configured to let that user in.

Micke S. August 23, 2017

Its not supported by Atlassian, so either workarounds are necessary or wait until supported by Jira. I will wait. Voted up this is also possible right now

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events