Wiki editor not visible in Jira 6.4.11

Christian Ringgeler October 28, 2015

I updated our JIRA server instance to version 6.4.11 to have the wiki editor feature for text fields. During the  update everthing worked fine. 

Sadly there is no wiki tabbar shown when I edit a text field (e.g. description). I have already checked the system modules and the module "wiki-editor" is completely enabled.

I have tried the wiki editor plugin with JIRA 6.1 some weeks ago and this didn't work either.

It would be greate if you could offer some advice.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2015

Start with the "field configuration" for the project and issue type - check that the fields (especially Description, as that's a system field where it should always work) are set to use the wiki renderer and not plain text.

0 votes
ST Kambor-Wiesenberg March 28, 2016

Hi Nic!

Thanks, I had the same problem. During a workflow reconfiguration session all Renderer changed to Default Text Renderer.

Hint for users with the same issue: Go to Administration -> Issues -> Fields -> Field configurations, Configure your Field Configuration Scheme and search for "Default Text Renderer". Click on Renderers to change to Wiki Style Renderer.

Regards
Stephan

Suggest an answer