Why version start date and release date reduses by 1 day after i set it?

Max Paw November 24, 2015

Hello community, i don't know if it is a bug or a feature or a special setting (i've got legacy JIRA installation), but here is a thing:
Created new project
Did a proper setup
Created version within that project
Set version start(release) date to 27.11.2015
What i've got: version start(release) date is set to 26.11.2015
What i'd expected: version start(release) date is set to 27.11.2015
Any thoughts? 

jira version.gif

2 answers

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2015

What Timezone is your JIRA server configured and what Timezone is your Profile Configured?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 24, 2015

That looks odd to me.  Can you replicate it?  I've found it very easy to slip when clicking on the calendar popup.

Max Paw November 26, 2015

Added animation

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2015

Excellent feedback, makes it really clear you're not making the same errors I am. Especially as BOTH dates jump back in there - that absolutely proves it's nothing to do with my shaky hands and lack of attention. I have to suspect that Gabrielle is on the right track now, and it's something to do with the date settings on your computer and on the server. Could you check The date/time your computer reports The date/time the JIRA server reports (may be in system information, but I'd look on the server's command line, just trying "date") The date/time settings in JIRA's admin section under look and feel I am wondering if we can test to back that up - if it's a date offset problem, then I'd expect the dates to be ok for part of the day, and then fail during another part.

Suggest an answer