Why users are not getting permissions if they are part of a group which is part of a Project Role that is granted for particular edition?

Antonio Jose Martin Marin October 19, 2016

Users are not being granted with permissions of a Project Role, even though they are included in groups which are contained into Project Role

2 answers

0 votes
saravanan subramanian October 20, 2016

Did you check the permission scheme? 

Antonio Jose Martin Marin October 20, 2016

Yes, I did.

Although permissions were granted to a particular Project Role, it looks like those permits are not being assigned to the users of groups inside.

I mean, I have only groups inside de Project Role, but those groups contain the users.

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2016

Hi Antonio,

I'd suggest to use the Permission Helper:

1. Enter the detailed view of an issue where one of the users should have Edit Issue permission.
  2. Click on the button Admin > Permission Helper.
  3. Select one of the affected users and the permission Edit Issues, and click on Submit.

You will get a detailed analysis on why the user lack the permission on that issue, which is usually generalizable to what it's happening in the whole project.

Regards

Suggest an answer