Why total active users between sql base data and license different?

Сергей Смирнов February 29, 2016

License view 500 (314 currently active)

SQL BD query 179

Users access group enter enter in  JIRA  = 362 of them unactive = 48

2 answers

0 votes

I take the sql from official site https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-get-a-list-of-active-users-counting-towards-the-jira-application-license-278695452.html

SELECT DISTINCT u.lower_user_name
FROM   cwd_user u
       JOIN cwd_membership m
         ON u.id = m.child_id
            AND u.directory_id = m.directory_id
       JOIN globalpermissionentry gp
         ON Lower(m.parent_name) = Lower(gp.group_id)
       JOIN cwd_directory d
         ON m.directory_id = d.id
WHERE  gp.permission IN ('USE','ADMINISTER','SYSTEM_ADMIN')
       AND d.active = '1'
       AND u.active = '1';

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 29, 2016

Ok, that looks good to me, assuming you are on JIRA 6.2.1, 6.3 or 6.4, so you need to check why the UI is returning a different answer.

How many people have you got in each of the "can log in" and "admin" groups?

JIRA Info

Version     6.4.6

I go to User management and set filter user on include the group

- jira-users = 361

- jira-administrators = 10

- jira-developers = 55

When I run SQL query only like "WHERE  gp.permission ='USE';" and delete "AND d.active = '1' AND u.active = '1';"

I recieve result 224 users

What wrong a count users?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2016

I don't think the count is wrong, I think the SQL does not match the question.  But I do not know what SQL you're actually effectively running.  I'm not a DBA and I only really get the basics of searching - could you show me what you're running without obscuring it with "as" statements ? (I know they simplify it for DBAs, but they make reading what the query does really hard)

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 29, 2016

My guess is that the SQL query is not correct.

First, look in Global Permissions in JIRA - what group or groupS are named for "JIRA users" permission?  (Also note the two administrator lines, although the users in there are probably in the user groups already)

Then tell us what the SQL is you're running.

Suggest an answer