Why the Two Dimensional Filter Statistics gadget considers each component on different projects as different value?

Orawan Sittakom
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2016

I created a filter to contain multiple projects. Can you please help advise why the Two Dimensional Filter Statistics gadget considers each component on different projects as different value? Where as Components as per my understanding are unique value. We cannot have 2 components with the same name. Please see a screenshot below. Thank you.

image2016-8-29 15:57:3.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 28, 2016

Because they are different.  Components are a sub-set of project data, and their names are nothing more than labels.  If you looked in the database, you'd find each component is a separate, discrete entity with a different ID.

It helps a little if you think of a component as being a project/component pair.  Although you're using EDW a couple of times, what you've actually got is Project-A-EDW and Project-B-EDW

There is a request out for "shared components" that could be set globally and drawn into projects as required, but for now, project/components are separate, whatever their name.

Orawan Sittakom
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2016

Understood, it's now clear for me. 

Thank you @Nic Brough [Adaptavist] for quick reply. 

Suggest an answer