Why the Two Dimensional Filter Statistics gadget considers each component on different projects as different value?

I created a filter to contain multiple projects. Can you please help advise why the Two Dimensional Filter Statistics gadget considers each component on different projects as different value? Where as Components as per my understanding are unique value. We cannot have 2 components with the same name. Please see a screenshot below. Thank you.

image2016-8-29 15:57:3.png

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Because they are different.  Components are a sub-set of project data, and their names are nothing more than labels.  If you looked in the database, you'd find each component is a separate, discrete entity with a different ID.

It helps a little if you think of a component as being a project/component pair.  Although you're using EDW a couple of times, what you've actually got is Project-A-EDW and Project-B-EDW

There is a request out for "shared components" that could be set globally and drawn into projects as required, but for now, project/components are separate, whatever their name.

Understood, it's now clear for me. 

Thank you @Nic Brough [Adaptavist] for quick reply. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

223 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you