Why isn't my search returning my labelled issues?

Solitonman December 16, 2015

I've added labels to some issues.  I can log in and out of JIRA and open the Labels for the issues repeatedly, and the labels show up.  But when I search for the labels I get no results.  Why would this occur?  

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Solitonman December 17, 2015

I found the problem.  The issues that weren't showing up didn't include the Labels as a shown field in their field configuration.  Once I updated the field configuration and reindexed the system the labels started working as expected.

0 votes

So the reindexing didn't help.  I can still see my labels, correctly applied, but the search for them gives me a no results response.  Thank you for the suggestion though.

James Strangeway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2015

Are you using self hosted or cloud? Is it happening on all labels and all issues?

We have a self-hosted option with JIRA 6.2.3. The search seems to be failing for issues in the project I'm testing, but I have seen results returned for a general search across all projects, using labels I haven't personally added. Though when I use one of those labels in my project, I can't see that specific issue returned, even though other issues with the label in other projects are returned.

James Strangeway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2015

Do you have the appropriate permissions to those issues?

James Strangeway
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 16, 2015

If I remove the browse permission I am also unable to search for labels.

After your previous response I was looking more closely and I see that the Labels show up for the tickets not in my project, but in my project they're not displayed. Maybe that's part of the problem, I'm going to look into it.

Jill B_ Thorpe May 19, 2021

I couldn't get it to work!  Finally - try Switch to JQL and manually typed in my Label, clicked Search!  And it worked!

0 votes

I am using labels = "LabelName" and getting nothing back.  I'll try reindexing and giving it another go.  Thanks!

0 votes
James Strangeway
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 16, 2015

Are you using the labelText: (label) syntax?  You can see more about searching here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF50/Viewing+Labels+and+Labelled+Content

Hope this helps!

Sorry, Just realized this was for JIRA and not Confluence.

Are you using JQL - labels = "LabelName" and getting nothing back?  If so, have you tried doing a re-index?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events