Why is my report showing story points as completed when item is not marked DONE

Elizabeth Cuan November 2, 2016

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 2, 2016

Are the stories in the far right-hand column on your board?

Elizabeth Cuan November 2, 2016

No, mainly in the far left column.

I even tried an experiment with private project with just one story and the report still showed the story points as completed.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 2, 2016

Ok, that's a really good test, and saves me asking another question!  Two more though:

Which report is it?  And could you look at the test issue in the private project, using the plain "view issue" (not a board or anything) and tell us what the status and resolution are?

Elizabeth Cuan November 3, 2016

Resolution: Unresolved

Just a basic report querying for items in the project and in the sprint. Shows story points, story pts completed and story pts remaining.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 6, 2016

I'm afraid I can't work out which report you mean.

Elizabeth Cuan November 7, 2016

image2016-11-7 6:20:6.png

Just a basic report I created with just items in my project and in the current sprint.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 7, 2016

That's not a JIRA report.  You'll need to explain which add-on you're using as well!

Elizabeth Cuan November 7, 2016

image2016-11-7 7:10:28.png

Report from the All-In-One JIRA Reports plugin

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 7, 2016

Ok, how are you telling the report to calculate those values?

Elizabeth Cuan November 8, 2016

image2016-11-8 6:12:8.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 8, 2016

I think the problem might be that those fields aren't useful at an issue level as they look like they should be summed up from a set of issues.  I don't know the add-on well enough to know how it needs to be configured for that.

Suggest an answer