Why has drag-drop for JIRA Cloud stopped working in Firefox?

Simon Anderson March 10, 2017

Recently drag-drop stopped working in firefox only.  Chrome is still fine.

Other apps can still drap-drop into a firefox browser just not JIRA Cloud.

Tried starting Firefox in safe mode but that still didn't work.

Firefox version is 5.2

Thanks.

7 answers

1 vote
Axel Bock January 12, 2018

I see that as well - for months now. Is there a JIRA-ticket for that? ;)

0 votes
Robert Wallström January 28, 2018

We are seeing this as well. Allthough in Chrome

0 votes
Jack Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2017

We have discovered this same issue as well with our own server install of JIRA 7.3.0. Drag and drop works fine in every browser except for Firefox on both Windows and OS X. 

We have noticed that if you select "edit" for a JIRA ticket that the drag and drop works in the modal window for a JIRA ticket. So it sounds to me like the Java/Javascript code used in JIRA is not consistently cleaned up to use the latest function calls in all places.

It's nice to know others are seeing this same issue and find some info as to the cause.

0 votes
Christoph April 11, 2017

Hi Simon - the according bugissue has just been resolved. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-64414.
We applied the new dnd-attachment plugin and FF works fine now again.
Greetings - Christoph

0 votes
hinxx April 5, 2017

Same for me on Linux with Firefox 52.0.1 (64-bit). Using local server install of the JIRA v7.3.0. Chrome is fine.

0 votes
Christoph March 27, 2017

Jamie - I think you are referring to a change that was released with FF 48 on 2. August 2016.
The reported behaviour here sounds more like as if it has just appeared with latest Firefox 52.
We have the same issue here in our instance running JIRA Server 7.2.4 on premise (not cloud)
Other browsers like Chrome and Opery work fine.

0 votes
Jamie Calderwood March 15, 2017

I am seeing this as well;

Checked the javascript console and seen this error “o.contains is not a function”. I believe this is due to the fact that the contains function has been deprecated and removed in the latest firefox as per their change logs. https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript/New_in_JavaScript/Firefox_JavaScript_changelog

Need JIRA to fix this to use the includes function that replaces it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events